Money. This word has the crazy ability to make people jump for joy, cry for happiness, not sleep, fight, have constant anxiety, break up marriages & families…the list goes on. Money can literally change a life. Many people want it, but weirdly say they don’t…others think that is all they need to be happy. I have been learning a lot about it recently – why you may ask?
Well, because my mentor is right now. So, I do what he does. If he tells me to read a book, no joke I order it on Amazon asap. I know, I have a book LOVE! 🙂 But he is where I want to be in life, spiritually, financially, strong marriage, great kids. If you want to be successful, find people who have what you want & duplicate it. Ok, enough on that! 🙂
Money has well, not been an area of strength for me! Let’s just say I’m not the greatest at numbers, saving or budgeting. But that is NOT an excuse – God’s given us ALL the ability to use the knowledge that He has given us to do great things, even be great in the small things.
In fact, that is the HUGE key – if we can’t be trusted with small things, NO way can we do the big things! If you can’t learn how to do a proper bodyweight squat NO WAY will I put on 150lbs on your bar & then tell you to squat – I’ll kill you! God does the same thing with us with money.
First, money is NOT evil. It is a TOOL. I like to see money, guns & forks as AMPLIFIERS. How? It all has to do with our hearts. As a man thinks, so is his heart & out of the abundance (of good OR bad) the mouth speaks.
Money…so, if you have good in you you will do GOOD things with money! Build orphanages, help those in need, donate to charities, churches, give your kids amazing life experiences, trips, bless your family…but if you have bad in you obviously I don’t need to go over all the bad you can do with money!
Guns…wow this subject is close to home. Long story if you don’t know me already, but I lost a loved one due to a gun. And my family has always loved shooting! With all the shootings recently – here is the root of the problem – the HEART of the one holding the gun. If their heart is right, they will use it for LIFE & protection (have you seen American Sniper??), but if their heart is wrong, massive destruction will ensue.
Forks…this may have you thinking what?? Jane you are so weird! First, uh, glad you FINALLY figured that out! Now we can be friends! Bahaha! But have you ever even SEEN what a 230lb bodybuilder eats in a DAY??? UNREAL amounts of food! But – GOOD FOOD! High volume of healthy food!
But an unhealthy person can eat less volume of horrid food & their body is actually slowly killing them from the inside out as they are feeding it complete crap. Sorry for my crudeness, but its just the truth. Side rant…PLEASE do not be the parent who buys the food that makes your child obese!
This literally breaks my heart for those kids! Give them a leg UP in life! If you need help, don’t be too prideful in your own self to NOT help your children! Please!! I would LOVE to help you & your family, email or message me if you want help!!!!
Ok, so lessons I am learning: First, READ THIS BOOK: “Money Won’t Make You Rich” by Sunday Adelaja (he will explain all of this way better than me – & I’m not even done with the book yet!)
1. It’s never how much you MAKE. It’s always about how much you SAVE. This a hard on for me – BUT I’m getting better!!! Yay!
2. Successful people KNOW that true success in life does NOT come by luck. They continue educating themselves, gaining skills & knowledge to WORK their way to success.
3. The reason why a Christian desires financial freedom is not just to get their needs met, but also to help the challenges of this world – & that takes money.
4. We all know this, but we must not love money. Those who constantly think, dream, & worry about money are 100% addicted to it – no matter how much or little they actually have.
5.If money is our master our lives will show its fruits: pride, self-centeredness, dishonesty, greed, envy & phoniness.
6. ONLY 2 options with money. YOU serve money. MONEY serves you.
7.It is wise to use the wealth of the world for eternal purposes.
8. Pay God 10% FIRST, yourself 10% SECOND (savings). ALL THE TIME.
9. Develop a budget & STICK WITH IT. EEEK! I CAN do this!!
10. Know that SELF-DISCIPLINE is the GREATEST asset & the #1 rule of wealth creation. You must be able to master & discipline yourself so you can follow the laws of money & wealth creation.
11. You either WASTE money, SPEND money, or INVEST money. FOOLS waste it, MEDIOCRE spend it, & the WISE invest it.
12. ALWAYS recognize the fact that we are just managers & trustees of God’s wealth & property.
13. Money is a TOOL, it is never the goal.
14. Become a master problem solver, help people solve problems, meet their needs & you WILL create wealth. Maximize your time, talent & resources to do this!
15. Lastly, pursue RIGHTEOUSNESS, CONTENTMENT, & INTEGRITY. Dedicate yourself to attaining these virtues & God WILL find it easier to trust you with wealth & money because your heart is right. 🙂
Books to Read NOW:
- “Money Won’t Make You Rich” by Sunday Adelaja
- “How Rich People Think” by Steve Siebold
- “Think & Grow Rich” by Napoleon Hill
Ending notes…. here is where I’m at: I am moving soon & will not have a full time job, I’ll have my Advocare business & my styling business. I have been blessed to have increased my income over the past years, but yet have NOT saved. I tithe. I no longer have credit cards.
We are blessed with 0 debt (I’ll be frank, much of that credit goes to my hubby). SO now it’s my time to get INTENTIONAL with what God has blessed me with to be wise. This month well, me & TJ Maxx had too much of a relationship. I’ll admit it. BUT I’m also putting one of the largest amounts into savings right now!
That’s the pic – I’m off to the bank! More transparency – I’m putting this into a different bank under my hubby’s name, why? Because if I have online access to it, I’ll spend it. Just like if you are trying to eat healthy, well don’t just go to DQ that first day maybe!
We ALL get stronger the longer we are disciplined in anything we do, but we must know our weakness, find others with strength & ASK for HELP! One of the HARDEST things I’ve had to do is have people help me manage my money. I kept thinking I’ll get it all about right on my own, then have someone help me…uh FAIL! SO, whatever you struggle with, wherever you are at – FIND HELP! MAKE a CHANGE. If nothing changes, guess what – nothing will change!
Have an AWESOME day!
“Do you want God to do something new in your life? Then stop doing the same old thing. Do you want God to change your circumstances? Then be willing to change your life.”
“Unstoppable” by Christine Cain
GI JANE 🙂